National Honors Society Application

National Honors Society Application

It is that time of year again for the schools’ seniors and juniors. It is time for turning in applications and hearing back about selections for the National Honors Society. Being selected for the National Honors Society is a prestigious honor because they recognize the hard work, dedication, service, and community you show to your school and your city. 

Students can apply at the beginning of their junior year, and if they do not get accepted or chose to wait, then there is always an opportunity for applying during their senior year. Math teacher and head of the National Honors Society at LHS, Mr. Roth, sent the application out to any juniors and seniors who met the minimum accumulative GPA requirement of 3.5. For the application process, it is required to list in detail all of your community service hours, your leadership roles, and the organizations or clubs you participate in either for the school or the community. It requires the title of your role, the number of hours, and then contact information for people who can validify your application. It is also important to remember that a big part of the application process comes down to the recommendation from other teachers because Mr. Roth trusts their opinions on your academic success as well as your character, so it is instrumental to make sure you are always having a positive impact on your teachers and peers. 

Applications were to be submitted by 3 pm on Thursday, November 9th, 2022. The Lakewood Times understands that this can be a stressful time for a lot of applicants but selections will be made soon. We wish you all the best of luck! To those who do not get selected, remember it does not diminish your accomplishments and for the juniors, make sure you allow the rejection to be your motivation for next year.