Photography Club

Photography+Club
Alejandro Nieves Bucey

Do you think you have really good photo taking skills and consider yourself a photographer? Then you should consider joining the Photo Club here at Lakewood High School. Photo Club started out in the 2021-2022 school year and is continuing to have meetings this year. The Club adviser is Ms. Hansen. Ms. Hansen started at Lakewood High School in the 2015-2016 school year and she also teaches Photo 1, Photo 2, and AP (Advanced Placement) Photo, and Art 4. Olive Rodemann is a Sophomore here at Lakewood High School and she was a part of the photo club during the 2021-2022 school year and she has since then become the president of Photo club. 

Here is an insight of what to expect from past and upcoming Photo club meetings. Club members will use their digital cameras if they are in Photo 2 or AP Photo at the club, if not club members can borrow a digital camera to use during the club meeting. During the club’s most recent meeting this school year, club members introduced themselves to each other, joined the google class room if they were not already in it, and took portraits of other club members. Ms. Hansen has recently got approval to use one of the Westshore vans and expects to bring the club on some field trips in the future.

If you’re reading this article and want to come down and join the club then come visit Ms. Hansen’s room at B206 every first Wednesday of the month (December 7th, January 4th, February 1st, March 1st, April 5th, and May 3rd) during 3:05-4:00. While you are at it, maybe consider joining photo class as well. The club will be happy to see you there.