Boy’s Basketball Cincinnati Trip

Your Lakewood Rangers boy’s basketball team had their first kick off last weekend! The boys traveled down to Cincinnati and had themselves a fun-filled weekend full of basketball, football, and fun tours. They made their way to Cincinnati on Friday, Nov. 11 and came back that Sunday, Nov. 13. 

On Friday, the boys got to see the Cincinnati Bearcats play the East Carolina University Pirates in a close game at Nippert Stadium. The Bearcats took down the Pirates 27-25 and ended the game with bright and fiery red fireworks and the Cincinnati flags being spirited across the field with loud cheering. The Lakewood Times sat down again with Senior Myles Harper and talked about the experience of being down at the game. “Since our weekend was full of basketball, I thought it was a great experience to get out and see what Cincinnati is all about. The culture is quite amazing,” says Harper. 

Secondly, on Saturday, the boys toured the athletic building and went to a nearby high school to scrimmage multiple teams. “The tour of the athletic building was super nice and you always see it in pictures but when you really see it in real life it is just a super cool experience,” says Myles Harper. After the tour, they scrimmaged multiple teams. They wore their pennies and got to work. Two teams they played were Elite and Madeira. Senior Myles Harper said, “We played super well against both teams. It’s always exciting to play challenging teams especially when our team is so fresh this year. I thought we played well but there is always room for improvement.”

Lastly, the Rangers ended their weekend full of fun with the Cincinnati Bearcats basketball game at Fifth Third Arena. The Bearcats played the Eastern Kentucky Colonels and won the game 87-69. “It was a great way to end the weekend and to bond with the boys. I’m hoping this weekend created new friendships and relationships with each other. This will definitely make us play better together,” says Harper. Stay tuned for more boys basketball information as the season is coming to a start!