Herpetology Club

Herpetology Club

Lakewood High School offers an amazing extracurricular called Herpetology club. This an an amazing club for students who enjoy learning about different types of animal. Most of the animals that students are can learn about reptiles and amphibians. In Mr. Streets classroom, room  C111, there is a wide range of different animals. They range from Poison Dart Frogs, turtles, fish, Gargoyle geckos, and even guinea pigs. There are also some native species such as garter snakes.

In this club, there are many hands on activities a student can do. One of the projects the club is working on now is they are building a new extra large vivarium for the poison dart frogs. This will be a major piece in the classroom. All of the terrariums in the classroom are made naturalistic and bio-active methods for ll of their animals.

At the last meeting, they worked on an aquarium adding wood and all the things the animal needs to live with. Sometimes in the club, they wok on little projects. One project they’ve worked was a jararium. They learn about a lot of different species of animals as well.

One exciting thing the club is looking forward to is that their dart frogs should be breeding pretty soon.  When they do breed, the club puts on a fundraiser and cells the frogs to earn money for club. In the spring, Mr. Streets is looking to take a field trip mucking trip in Rocky River to look for native reptiles and amphibians.

The club meets every other Thursday in room C11 at 3:00pm until 3:45pm. To join, all you have to is show up!

Remind: Text @zerdclub to 81010

Classroom: 6t3tv3z