Upcoming: National Honors Society Induction Ceremony

The+four+lit+candles+representing+the+four+pillars+of+NHS.+
N/A
The four lit candles representing the four pillars of NHS.

After carefully reviewing the applications and discussing the candidates, the National Honors Society council has chosen next year’s inductees! To celebrate, the students who have received this honor will be celebrated in the National Honors Society’s Induction Ceremony.

There are various requirements that make National Honors Society a competitive club. Firstly, to be considered, one must maintain a 3.5 or higher GPA. Additionally, one must have participated in at least 24 service hours and demonstrate good character and citizenship within Lakewood High School. 

National Honors Society membership is available to be applied for in one’s junior or senior year and is awarded to the top applicants of each class. To be selected to be part of this organization truly is an honor. Although, it also is a large responsibility. Those who are chosen are responsible for maintaining eligibility and for aiding in various service projects such as baking cookies for firefighters, collecting money for Hope for the Holidays, or painting pumpkins for local nursing homes. 

Ultimately, National Honor Society is a great organization to be a part of and something everyone should be encouraged to apply for. Membership in this club makes you a more involved and active member of Lakewood High School. If you are interested in applying next year, reach out to Mr. Roth for information. As for this year, if you are interested in celebrating alongside the new inductees, make sure to attend the induction ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 2, at 7 p.m. in the Civic Auditorium!