Lakewood High Student Council And What They Do

Alejandro Nieves Bucey

Student Council is a common club run in many high schools all over the world. If elected as an officer, you will either represent your school or student class. Being a class officer typically means you are an outstanding and responsible student.

Student officers bear many responsibilities, some of which include prep for dances, community breakfasts for the school, and decorations prior to events. At Lakewood High, the student council plays a vital role when it comes to school-spirited things. For example, the student officers created spirit day themes, decorated the hallways, and set up for the homecoming dance.

Many may wonder, “Is that all the student council does?” A simple answer to that is, no. The student council is also in charge of raising money for their class prom through different creative ways. In previous years, the student council sold flowers that were sent to the person of your choice for a dollar. Even selling flowers raises a lot of money to help each class lower prom ticket costs to help make sure every student could feel included.

Senior class president Samantha Hudak has a few words to share about what it means to her being part of the student council. “I love being involved with my school and making sure all are pep rallies, spirit weeks, and school dances are truly fun for everyone because it is important for Lakewood to feel like a community.”  Although the student council meets periodically, they make a big difference on whether your pep rally, spirit week. or homecoming dances will be eventful.