February Events At Lakewood Public Library

Lakewood Public Library is a hot spot for all sorts of people; book lovers, small children in the play area, students looking for SAT or ACT prep, film clubs, seminars, and tons of different speakers. In the upcoming months, the Lakewood Public Library has a wide variety of intriguing events planned. 

On Saturday, Feb. 4, at 6 p.m., the library will host “Lakewood Public Cinema – A Special Preview of the Short. Sweet. Film Fest”. Located in the Main Library Auditorium, Cleveland’s greatest film festival will be showcasing exclusively short films for the public. From all different genres and local favorites to international sensations, they will be featuring 90 minutes of their amazing selections. 

On Wednesday, Feb. 8, at 7 p.m., Meet the Author – “Uncultured” Co-authored by Brandi Larsen will take place in the Main Library Auditorium. “Uncultured” explores the dangers unleashed when harmful group mentality goes unrecognized and is emblematic of the many ways women have to conform themselves to survive. Brandi Larsen, co-writer of the book, will be in town to talk about the writing process, the book itself, and answer any questions the audience may have. 

Murder Book Club meets every Thursday at 7 p.m in the Main Library Meeting Room to discuss their favorite murder mystery books. Knit & Lit Book Club meets every Tuesday at 7 p.m also in the Main Library Meeting Room. They get together to share their passion for great literature and show off their knitting, crocheting, cross-stitching, embroidery, and quilting works in progress 

Be sure to stay updated on all the fun events hosted at the Lakewood Public Library!