Boys Basketball Senior Night

Alex Belisle

On Friday, Jan. 27, the Lakewood boy’s basketball team faced off against Parma high school for this year’s senior night. In the spirit of honoring the time and work that our Lakewood seniors put into the game of basketball, the gymnasium was decorated with balloons, posters, and streamers to brighten up the atmosphere to celebrate their time on the team. 

The boy’s basketball seniors are Miles Harper, Oseid Albadarin, and Braden Volcansek. Each senior walked out with their parents or loved ones to the center of the court while an announcer read off a list of each player’s favorite basketball memory, favorite high school memory, and their plans after graduation. 

This opening was a great way to start off the game and set the mood for the rest of the night. The game tipped off and the Parma Basketball team displayed intensity in their defense, agility, and dribbling. Lakewood combated with the execution of precision and speed through their set plays and transitions to offense. Our Lakewood team took an early lead and maintained consistency in their shooting. By halftime, Lakewood created a hefty lead, but with the start of the third quarter, the Parma Redmen picked up their game and closed in the score.

The match was no contest for Lakewood and our strong batch of seniors… as we rang in the win with a score of 58-52. This senior night game advanced Lakewood to a 7-8 season record as well as recognizing all the hard work our seniors put into the sport.