Gymnastics Senior Night

Alex Belisle

Welcome back Rangers!

This past Wednesday, Feb. 1, was senior night for our girl’s gymnastic team. Senior night is one of the most special nights of the season for all high school athletes. It is a time when the athlete, their teammates (peers and younger), their coaches, their family, friends, and the entire community come together to commemorate their time and hard work within the program. All the blood, sweat, and tears they had poured into this sport throughout their time on the team. 

Gymnastics is a very grueling sport on one’s body, but it holds so much grace and beauty within the performances. Balancing on the beam, bouncing off the vault, flipping off the bars, and tumbling down the floor. It is a sport that requires commitment and discipline to perfect, and our three seniors did that throughout their careers. Ryanne Eisnaugle, Grace Lamparyk, and Ethnee McKissick worked hard all season to improve their skills every single practice, and that showed during their senior night. They did an incredible job and put on a great performance for all those who came out to support. The Lakewood Times met with Ryanne and she said, “Gymnastics has always been my life, and being able to do that at the high school level with my friends was an amazing experience. I am proud of my fellow seniors, and I cannot wait to see what they do next. As well as what the younger classes do with their remaining seasons!”

The Lakewood Times is so proud of the three girls for their careers and accomplishments. Once a Ranger, Always a Ranger!