What is the best type of cookie?

What is the best type of cookie?

Cookies are an American favorite food for everyone due to the number of kinds of cookies you can make. With the number of cookie varieties there are in the world, with the number being over 50, there’s always been debate on what type of cookies are the best.  

According to a Better Homes & Gardens survey from August of 2022, America’s top 5 favorite cookies are snickerdoodles, gingerbread, sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies, and classic chocolate chip cookies. Cookies are a simple treat, they usually contain flour, sugar, and oil, and then it’s up to you from there.

Snickerdoodles are typically plain cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar before and after being baked, giving them a very delicious cinnamon taste. Gingerbread cookies are typically cookies that have a lot more ability to have a variety of spices within them, with some of the main spices being ginger, cinnamon, and allspice. Sugar cookies are very soft, fluffy, and sweet cookies if you bake them right, as well as people typically add frosting and sprinkles. Peanut butter cookies are average cookies, except with peanut butter added to the dough. They overall have a richer flavor than most cookies. Chocolate chip cookies are classic cookies and are just regular cookies with chocolate chips inside of them. Their simplicity of them is what makes them the favorite of America.