Promposal Season

Promposal Season
Clare Morrissey

Whether you plan on bringing a crush, BFF, or romantic partner, a promposal is the best way to invite your friends to the milestone event of prom. The last day to purchase Senior Prom tickets was March 21, and throughout the days leading up to this big deadline, there were many proposals for the occasion between students. Promposals are a big high school tradition and are an excellent way for students to get creative.

Our first story surrounds a senior girl at Lakewood High and her promposal to her junior crush. This student created a sign that read, “I know you cant win at solos, so Boogiebomb with me at Prom as my duo? #fortnite”. The senior girl took the sign and a gathering of her friends to her date’s study hall class… by circumstance one of our house principals was standing in the hallway outside the class and offered to pull him out of class and into her office to add to the stunt. In the end, he said yes and the promposal was a success. 

Another story surrounds a senior boy asking his friend to the dance. He created a sign that says, “XO I’M GOING TO POOP ALL OVER YOU IF YOU DON’T GO TO PROM WITH ME!” This student texted a picture of him holding the sign to his friend and she said yes! 

Promposals can be as silly as you want them to be, but can also be a great way to kick off the prom season!