Lakewood Baseball Home Opener

The Lakewood Rangers home opener game was this week! On Tuesday, March 28, the Rangers took on the Brecksville Bees from down south on their home turf. After questionable weather forecasts, the game was deemed playable and the event began. The seven-inning game started off neck and neck with each team maintaining a 0-0 score for the first three innings. Although, this tie did not remain for long. In the fourth inning, the Bees took the lead 3-0. From then on, Brecksville continued to add to their lead ultimately winning the game 6-0. 

Undoubtedly, this was an unfortunate way to start the official season for the Lakewood Rangers. They had hopes of turning this deficit around in their next games, but were not able to do so. On Wednesday, March 29, the Rangers took on the Rocky River Pirates but unfortunately lost 6-0. Then just two days later on Friday, March 31, Lakewood was scheduled to face Elyria High School, but due to poor weather, the game was delayed. Hopefully, our Rangers will be able to turn their season around soon and make a much-desired comeback. Make sure you keep an eye out for gameday updates and potential schedule changes throughout the week! In addition to game updates, Lakewood Baseball’s various social media platforms will also display potential student themes for spectators. If this is you, keep an eye out as well for this information so you can show up for your Rangers! They need your support, so make sure you clear your calendar for the next week. Go Rangers!