Runner Profile On Mckenna Hunt

Runner Profile On Mckenna Hunt

Lakewood High Girls Track and Field has many talented runners; one of the many is co-captain of sprinting group, Mckenna Hunt. Hunt, an 11th grader at Lakewood High is known for running sprinting events that typically include: 4×100 meters, 4×200 meters, 4×400 meters, etc. Hunt has been running track ever since she was in the sixth grade. Hunt was granted co-captain while she was in the 10th grade, and has held the title since. 

Many of the runners for the Girl’s Track and Field team look up to Hunt as she sets an example of hard work and determination. Lily Winters, co-captain for the mid-distance group of the Girl’s Track and Field, states “Mckenna helps set the tone and mood for the team when it comes to competing in meets, she always has a positive attitude and encourages her teammates to do their best and brings them up when they are feeling down about a previous race. Mckenna pushes others to be their best runner.” 

Hunt has competed in Indoor Track and Field for three years, along with going on her third year of outdoor Track and Field. While competing in Indoor Track and Field, Hunt has competed in the Indoor State Track and Field meet twice. Hunt has helped break the indoor 4×200 meter school record along with helping set the outdoor 4×200 meter school record. While Hunt was in the 10th grade, she and her 4×200 meter relay team made it to the regional meet coming in second before being disqualified. This didn’t stop Hunt! Hunt and her relay team over summer break traveled to Philadelphia where her 4×200 meter team competed in the outdoor New Balance National Track and Field meet. Hunt is only beginning her 11th-grade outdoor season, and is ecstatic to see what is to come!