Lakewood Softball Senior Night

The Lakewood High School softball team recently celebrated their 2023 season senior night! This game was originally scheduled to take place about a week or so ago, but due to poor weather was canceled and moved to a later date. Their new senior night game was played on Monday, May 8, against Magnificat High School. Your Lakewood Rangers were able to pull off a win against Magnificat with a final score of 9 to 2. The Blue Streaks just couldn’t keep up! 

The Lakewood Rangers celebrated four seniors for the 2023 season. These seniors include Charlotte Beno, Grace Hart, Lauren Barber, and Jordan Rossen. Beno, Hart, and Barber all walked with their parents from third base to home plate as their names were called and each received a round of applause from the stands. The entire team was also fitted with brand new jerseys that instead of saying Lakewood across the chest said “Seniors.” These hot pink jerseys were a hit!

The Lakewood Rangers played a great game against the Blue Streaks. With Mia Carroll-Greeves barely allowing any hits off, the Blue Streaks simply could not score. The Rangers, with a powerful roster, scored run after run without much effort. It’s safe to say this game was a breeze for the Rangers. Now with spirits high off this last win, the Rangers can prepare to head into their end of season OHSAA playoff tournament. As the tournament schedule is released for the Rangers make sure to mark it on your calendars. Don’t forget to come out and support the Rangers!