Valentines Day

Valentines Day

You know the holiday. Some of you love it and some of you hate it. Valentines Day. Valentines Day takes place on the 14th of February every year. It is also called Saint Valentines Day in celebration of Saint Valentine, who is the patron of love.

Valentines Day is a day for celebrating spouses, partners, and any sweethearts one may have in their life. Or just showing anyone you have a little extra love. People all around the world celebrate with many things: chocolates, flowers, dinners, love letters. You name it.

Here at Lakewood High School we also celebrate. This year students are filled with happiness because we have off on Friday, the 14th. That does not however, stop the celebrating. Similarly to Sweetest Day we do carnations. Students and staff can buy as many carnations as they want for whoever they want. They are just one dollar all this week. They will be delivered to whomever during homeroom, on Thursday the 13th. If you don’t have a special someone you can even send them to your good friends, or just someone to brighten their day. Lakewood High School student, Maddie Kratz agrees,”It is such a good feeling seeing someone you love happy.”

Overall Valentine’s Day is just another day, but it is what you make of it. So spread a little extra love on Thursday and Friday.