Spooky Pooch Parade 2021

Spooky Pooch Parade 2021
Lakewood Alive

The month of October means costumes, decorations, and everything Halloween. Lakewood doesn’t stray from the scary traditions, but they do have one that is more cute and adorable than freaky and scary. This event is called the Spooky Pooch Parade. The Spooky Pooch Parade is a parade that goes down Madison Avenue, where dogs of all shapes and sizes show off their Halloween costumes. 

This year, the parade will be held on October 16, 2021. It will start with a free festival held at Madison Park, where citizens can come and meet all the stars of the show. This festive event goes from 12:30 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. Following the festival, the dogs will march down the street with their owners while they are cheered for from the curbs. This event is great for small children who love dogs and anyone who loves dogs! 

Costumes are the focal point of this entire event of course, so, what are some costume ideas for humans and their dogs? The possibilities are endless. There have been thousands of different costumes through the last 14 years the parade has been held. You can choose from Star Wars to Spongebob to Santa Claus! 

Want your dog to be in the Spooky Pooch Parade 2021? Pre-registration is only $10 while day of registration is $15. All humans walking in the parade can join for free. More information can be found at LakewoodAlive.org/SpookyPooch.