A Sneak Peak into Senior Year

Alex Belisle

Class of 2022, senior year has begun! Can you believe four years flies by in the blink of an eye? It seems as though just yesterday we were freshmen stepping foot into Lakewood High for the first time. Now, our childhood is coming to an end and the future is upon us.

As scary as this sounds, there are many things we have to look forward to this year and years to come! It’s our year to shine as we close out our time in high school, with things like sports senior nights, wearing purple on class color day, homecoming, winter formal and especially prom to look forward to! Senior Molly Minadeo gave her input on the upcoming year, saying “I’m most excited for our marching band’s senior night! I’m super excited to perform one last time in front of my friends and family!”

With graduation in sight, we seniors have to seriously start thinking about our futures. If we’re going to college, where we are going and the insane application process it takes. Not to mention, we only just got back into in person school and are already having information thrown at us about our futures. Do not worry! Everything will get sorted out for you! Senior Charlie Ditchman gives his input on this, saying “It’s only a week into my senior year but it’s going great. I love all of my classes and it’s great being back in person and being able to see all of my friends again. I’m really just looking forward to finishing up my last year of high school and going off to college. I plan on going to Cleveland State as a music major. I don’t think there is anything else I would rather do with my life.”

Overall, we have an exciting year ahead of us. Sure, we have a lot to think about and still have a lot of work to do but, we can’t let this year fly by without taking the time to soak up some of the good things! Before we part officially from each other on May 27 2021, let’s enjoy every last minute of the year. It’s our year!