Girls’ Basketball

Girls Basketball

This past Saturday (January 13th), the girls’ basketball team won for the third time in a row against the Westlake opposing team. At first, the Demon’s skill at shooting caused our team to have trouble holding them off at the basket. The half time score was 28-19 Westlake. But during the second half the team began to gain of their opposition’s lead. And at the beginning of the fourth quarter, they finally were in the lead. It was a close game from beginning to end, and the final score was an exciting win carried by Lakewood 52-49. The Rangers were able to slowly gain on the opposition, with pivotal help from senior Olivia Nagy, junior Christian Massey, senior Isabel Cintron, senior Courtney Ribar, and junior Claire Hylton.

Winning three games in a row is no small feat. And being able to make such a big comeback from halftime takes a skilled team that is able to work together. The team could go very far this year with such great dynamics.

The season is obviously going well for the team, which correlates with their past as a continuing asset to the high school. While the boy’s basketball may sometimes claim more crowds with its highly announced games on Friday nights, this year the girls’ team seems to be a force to be reckoned with. The next home game is this Wednesday, January 17 in the LHS gym against Midview. Junior varsity is scheduled to play at 6 and varsity to play at 7. See you there!