Trump Visits Doctor, is ‘in Excellent Health’

On Friday, January 12, President Trump had his first physical health examination since becoming president and the results were pretty good. In a statement released by the Presidential Physician Dr. Ronny Jackson of the U.S. Navy, the president is in excellent health with ‘no indication of any cognitive issues.’ In a press briefing at the White House Dr. Jackson told reporters that the president has strong cardiac health, that his blood tests were normal, and that he has no concerns about potential memory loss, saying, “I found no evidence that the president has any issues whatsoever with his thought process.”

Dr. Jackson also told reporters that President Trump requested to take a cognitive assessment, and Dr. Jackson administered the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, a mental health test designed to diagnose early signs of Alzheimer’s or Dementia. The test includes exercises like word memorization, continue the given pattern, draw a specific time on an analog clock, name three distinct animals, and other tests to detect possible warning signs of oncoming cognitive issues. According to Dr. Jackson the president scored a 30/30, indicating sound cognitive and mental health. However, Trump measured up at 6’3″ and 239 pounds, which is listed as overweight, and just one pound away from being clinically obese according to the National Health Institute’s body mass index calculator.

Trump’s physical exam comes at a time when much of the American public is questioning the president’s mental health and stability to be Commander-in-Chief, even after Trump called himself a “very stable genius” in one of his recent tweets. Trump is trying to calm down his critics as he tries to advance his legislative agenda, which includes avoiding a government shutdown and signing a bipartisan immigration reform bill that addresses both Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and border security, although it remains to be seems if a physical wall ends up being built.