Rory Meehan’s Super Bowl Preview

Football fans across America rejoice! The big game, Super Bowl 52 has been decided. Facing off will be Bill Belichick’s New England Patriots of the American Football Conference versus Doug Pederson’s Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football Conference.  The game will be taking place at 6:30 PM, on February 4th, at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis Minnesota. Lets take a look at how these teams got here.

The New England Patriots have been picking up right where they left off after their Super Bowl 51 victory, winning 13 regular season games and securing the right to play at their own Gillette Stadium as the number one seed for the playoffs.  This team, lead by 40-year-old living legend Tom Brady at quarterback, has been as dynastic as any other team we’ve ever seen in the history of professional football.  The Patriot offense has never been more dangerous, with Brady throwing to many weapons such as Wide Receiver Brandin Cooks, Running Backs Dion Lewis and James White, all while still having the versatile, ultra-talented Tight End Rob Gronkowski as his go-to option.  The Philly defense will have their hands full on Super Bowl Sunday and must slow the Patriots passing attack down as much as possible if they want to prevent Tom Brady claiming his sixth ring.

The Philadelphia Eagles have embraced their status as an underdog team in these playoffs to heart, after losing star quarterback Carson Wentz to injury.  Fortunately for Eagles fans the team has rallied from that loss with the help of backup Nick Foles and one of the most dedicated fan base in all of the NFL.  The Eagles boast a formidable offense, but the greatness of this team is on the defensive side of the ball where they are led by stars Fletcher Cox and Malcom Jenkins.  The Eagles are  tough, gritty and have a city with similar qualities behind them, New England will have to match the Eagles’s strength and energy or we will be seeing a wild celebration in the streets of Philadelphia.