New Lakewood Public Space

New Lakewood Public Space

Lakewood Hospital was recently closed down as you may well know, but what you don’t know is that it is planned to be rebuilt as a public space for all residence. Two companies have proposed separate plans one is going to be an 18 story buying along with a separate 6 story the other is a 12 story building. Both will feature store, offices, and apartments. There’s also going to be a 24-hour clinic and health center.

Casto is one of the companies they’re based in Columbus  is designing and building the new space along with North Pointe Reality Inc. Castro’s plan will cost 70 million dollars and may be done by 2020. Casto is building the 12 story building, at the top of the 12 story building there would be a big space called either “The Green” or “The Grove” it could hold up to 1,200 people for an event.

The other company in Westlake called Carnegie will keep the arch entrance and would also include banquet halls, meeting rooms, fitness center, dog walking trail, swimming pool, roof top amenities and exterior recreational areas. What is being talked about is adding a university, grocer, an ice cream shop, several local specialized restaurateurs, a coffee shop, a fitness center, a dry cleaner, a pet shop, an insurance company and a bank institution, but haven’t said it’s for sure. Neither official prices or completion time has been opened to the public.