50 Cent: Bitcoin Millionaire

Early 2000s rapper Curtis Jackson, better known as 50 Cent, has become (ironically) a Bitcoin millionaire based on the sale of his album Animal Ambition in 2014. Jackson sold the album originally for 700 Bitcoin, which is now worth $7,770,000. Yup, almost $8 mil to a rapper named after two quarters — and no one is more deserving.

Curtis Jackson was born and raised in the South Side of New York City, Queens to be exact. From a young age, Jackson’s motivation was notable as he started pushing crack cocaine at the age of twelve to make money. His rap career began in the year 2000 when his first EP for Columbia Records, Power of the Dollar, was produced and recorded — just for him to be shot nine times before it could be released. Jackson recovered with no fatal wounds and released the album Guess Who’s Back? in 2002, where he was discovered by Eminem and signed by Shady Records, Aftermath Entertainment and Interscope Records. A gang related shooting, with bullets nine different places in his body, could not stop the legendary 50 Cent from becoming an iconic rapper, actor and investor. However, eventually things took a turn for the worst; Curtis Jackson was in debt for $23 million. He paid it off over a series of years and was ready to return to an average life when he discovered the stash of Bitcoin.

After the Animal Ambition album sale and plenty of investing, Bitcoin’s worth skyrocketed and so did Jackson’s private stash of 700 Bitcoin. Curtis Jackson was far too busy with rapping, writing and finding new roles to play and companies to invest in to be concerned with finances (hence why his debt was so large). However, karma is good to people as dedicated and good as 50 Cent.

Moral of the story: be a good person and invest in Bitcoin (or other cryptocurrency aka the currency of the future).