Doritos — For Her

Indra Nooyi is the CEO of PepsiCo, and, according to NPR, has been working with the Doritos company to fix the things that women dislike about Doritos. But what issues do ladies have with these chips that men don’t?

Nooyi says that women “don’t like to crunch too loudly in public,” according to the National Review. “And they don’t lick their fingers generously, and they don’t like to pour the little broken pieces and the flavor into their mouth,” while men do.

NPR also reports that Nooyi and her company are “looking at… snacks for women that can be designed and packaged differently.” These sort of snacks would have “low-crunch” with “the full taste profile” and reduced sticking of the powdery flavoring to their fingers. They also wants to find better ways for these snacks to fit into pursed because “women love to carry a snack in their purse.”

Nooyi says that her team is “getting ready to launch a bunch” of these lady-snacks soon.

On February 5, however, Doritos Tweeted that “We already have Doritos for women- they’re called Doritos, and they’re loved by millions,” and Doritos told AdAge that they won’t be creating Doritos for women.

Though she has faced plenty of backlash for her female-Doritos idea, Indra Nooyi, is not to be discounted as being an anti-feminist. In fact, she immigrated from India, graduated from Yale, and was in an all-girl band. Forbes has named her one of the few dozen women CEOs in charge of Fortune 500 companies, as well as one of the most important women in the world.