Wednesday February 28, 2018

Students & Staff!  The annual talent show (a senior class fundraiser) will be held on Friday, March 9th & Saturday, March 10th.  Auditions are today in room A210 beginning at 3:15.  Students and staff interested in auditioning may sign up in the Bookroom.  If for some reason you don’t have time to sign up in the Bookroom, then just stop by room A210 at 3:15 today after school to audition.

Attention Seniors, if you are interested in representing your class and speaking at commencement, sign up in the bookroom or outside room C215. Tryouts will take place on March 20th, at 3:15pm in Mr. Lamphear’s room C215.

Seniors:  The Bookroom is taking orders for senior flowers & senior T-shirts, today thru this Friday, which gives you only 3 more days to get your orders placed.

The next audition for the spring musical, 1776, is tomorrow!  Students interested in auditioning for the show should pick up audition information from Mr. Farinelli in the Studio Theatre.

Is it the truth? Is it fair to all concerned? Will it build Goodwill and better Friendships? Tryouts for this year’s Rotary Club Speech Contest will be held Wednesday, March 7th between the hours of 2 & 5 pm–please see Ms. Garritano in C208 for more information AND to book YOUR time slot!

Are you tough enough to BRAVE THE SHAVE?  We are just a few weeks away from the LHS St. Baldrick’s event on Friday, March 16.  WE NEED YOUR HELP!  In order for us to reach our fundraising goal, we need students and staff to sacrifice their hair.  Please see Mr. Stelter in C216 or Mrs. Guzowski in C209 as soon as possible to find out how you can be a part of this exciting and meaningful event.

Thank you to everyone for the outpouring of support and we hope we performed well enough to bring everyone back tonight at 7pm @ LHS for our first playoff game! Proud to be a Ranger! Let’s keep it going!

Attention AP Students:  Do you want to earn college credit for all your hard work in your Advanced Placements classes?  Registrations for the AP exams are now underway in the Book Room.  Registration forms are available in the Bookroom, from your AP teachers and your house office. A $15 deposit per exam is required and due by March 23rd.  This date is set by the College Board, therefore we cannot accept deposits after March 23rd or you will have to pay a $55 per test LATE Fee!   See Mr. Siftar if you have questions.

Are you thinking about a career in education?  Are you interested in $1000?  If you answered YES to both questions, you should apply for the Lakewood Leadership Team Scholarship.  Simply upload one of your college application essays and two letters of reference, then answer two questions about your activities and future plans this link is in Naviance or outside of Guidance

The deadline for application is April 4, 2018.

Seniors, please be aware of the importance of upcoming deadlines for local scholarships.

These scholarships are posted outside of the Guidance Office and in Naviance.

Remember that when you go into the list of scholarships in Naviance, check at the top, and any recently added or updated scholarships will be pulled up for you.

1 in 5 children in northeastern Ohio go to bed hungry every night.  Be part of the solution by helping pack and sort food at the Greater Cleveland Food Bank after school Wednesday, March 7th.  Transportation is provided.  Sign up with a friend, but hurry, space is limited.  Sign-up sheet and permission forms available outside the H2O office in the cafeteria.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Cheese & Pepperoni .50¢

Chili $2.00

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50