Local Thrift Store to Hold Prom Event

Shop small, local, and affordable for all of your prom needs! Common Threads, a thrift store in Fairview Park on Lorain Road, is holding a prom event from March 15 until April 16. The shop will have the event throughout its regular hours, between 10 am and 8 pm from Monday until Saturday, and on Sundays from 12 pm until 6 pm.

Common Threads will have on sale “one-of-a-kind gowns from local boutiques in amazing colors, styles and sizes,” according to the store. Even if you already have a dress, they have everything you need to spruce up your ensemble with sparkling jewelry, elegant shoes “from heels to flats and in between,” as well as fashionable clutches and purses to hold your lipsticks and extras.

The perfect prom dress can cost hundreds of dollars, and the necessary accessories can break the bank. Fortunately, the gorgeous pieces at Common Threads will leave buyers with the same incredible quality but without the huge price tag. That leaves money left over for tickets, food, and more!

By purchasing your prom needs at Common Threads, you will at the same time be supporting the local non-profit “Building Hope in the City.” The organization focuses on making Cleveland a better community through volunteer work, helping immigrants and refugees, and expanding Christian ministry. In fact, many of the individuals who run Common Threads are American newcomers who are positively impacted by every purchase made.

Be sure to stop into Common Threads during their month-long prom event to purchase formal dresses, jewelry, shoes and purses that will save you money and still look gorgeous. Plus, the proceeds go towards helping our own community, so even if you don’t find something for the big night, consider taking a peak at the rest of what the store has to offer– clothes in all sizes for all ages, designer items, and wonderful household pieces!