Monday March 5, 2018

This is a reminder to the juniors…please remember to bring your calculators with you for the SATs this Wednesday as well as two #2 pencils.   Be sure to arrive on time.

Attention students and staff. The boys’ basketball program would like to thank all of you for your support all season! We are truly proud to be united as One Ranger Family. We are asking for all your help again as we take on city rival St. Edward in the district semi-final game at Strongsville High School this Wednesday night at 7pm. Get your tickets in the Athletic Office to guarantee a spot at what proves to be an exciting event! Tickets are $4 for students and $6 for adults – cash only.   One Family! One Ranger

Attention Seniors, if you are interested in representing your class and speaking at commencement, sign up in the bookroom or outside room C215. Tryouts will take place on March 20th, at 3:15pm in Mr. Lamphear’s room C215.

Seniors:  If you haven’t placed your order for your flowers & T-shirts yet, you are in luck!  We have extended the order cutoff date to this Friday, March 9th, so get your orders placed this week so you won’t be the only one without a T-shirt on senior T-shirt day.

Is it the truth? Is it fair to all concerned? Will it build Goodwill and better Friendships? Tryouts for this year’s Rotary Club Speech Contest will be held this Wednesday, between the hours of 2 & 5 pm–please see Ms. Garritano in C208 for more information AND to book YOUR time slot!

Are you tough enough to BRAVE THE SHAVE?  We are just a few weeks away from the LHS St. Baldrick’s event on Friday, March 16.  WE NEED YOUR HELP!  In order for us to reach our fundraising goal, we need students and staff to sacrifice their hair.  Please see Mr. Stelter in C216 or Mrs. Guzowski in C209 as soon as possible to find out how you can be a part of this exciting and meaningful event.  You can also help by buying a St. Baldrick’s t-shirt in the Book Room for only $15  by Wednesday or you can purchase a bracelet or button for only $1.

Attention AP Students:  Do you want to earn college credit for all your hard work in your Advanced Placements classes?  Registrations for the AP exams are now underway in the Book Room.  Registration forms are available in the Bookroom, from your AP teachers and your house office. A $15 deposit per exam is required and due by March 23rd.  This date is set by the College Board, therefore we cannot accept deposits after March 23rd or you will have to pay a $55 per test LATE Fee!   See Mr. Siftar if you have questions.

Art Club and National Art Honor Society will meet today in B206.

Are you thinking about a career in education?  Are you interested in $1000?  If you answered YES to both questions, you should apply for the Lakewood Leadership Team Scholarship.  Simply upload one of your college application essays and two letters of reference, then answer two questions about your activities and future plans this link is in Naviance or outside of Guidance The deadline for application is April 4, 2018.

Seniors, please be aware of the importance of upcoming deadlines for local scholarships.

These scholarships are posted outside of the Guidance Office and in Naviance.

Remember that when you go into the list of scholarships in Naviance, check at the top, and any recently added or updated scholarships will be pulled up for you.

The time has come!  Beginning Thursday, March 8th, The Ranger HUB will be open exclusively for study hall students!  Be sure to first check in at your study hall to get a pass.  We’d love you to use the tools for 3D printing, button and jewelry creation, video equipment, robots, and so much more!  Come on over to the Ranger HUB and Make It Ranger!

Just finish up your season and looking for something to do? Come out to Girls Rugby! We practice Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:00pm-8:00pm at Garfield middle school. No experience needed! All shapes and sizes are welcomed! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain from the experience!

Model UN students are reminded of the mandatory meeting today after school in C314—The bus leaves at 7:25 tomorrow from the from of the building…

The 16th Annual Physics Cardboard Boat Regatta sponsored by Tavens Packaging and Display Solutions is scheduled for Tuesday March 6th from 3:15pm until 4:00pm.  Over 150 physics students have been constructing boats out of cardboard and packing tape that can hold 2 students and be able to float across the pool without sinking.  Last year’s regatta was hysterical!  We have over 40 cardboard boats this year.  The cost of admission is only $1.00 for staff and students. Presale tickets are available in the bookroom or you can get them at the door, but get your quickly as last year’s regatta was a sellout. 

Albert Einstein said, ‘A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.’ Step outside of your comfort zone and try yoga! Join us on Fridays at 3:15pm while we discuss things that matter, breathe to relax from the week, and move in ways that make us stronger inside and out. Come see what the LHS Yoga Club is all about on Fridays after school in Room C116, or see Mrs. Konopinski to find out more.”

Math Study Tables are canceled this Tuesday. However, you can still attend this week’s Thursday session.”

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Cheesy Pretzels – .75

Bowl of Chili  – $2

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

PM

The 16th Annual Physics Cardboard Boat Regatta is scheduled after school TOMORROW, March 6th.  Tickets are currently on sale in the bookroom or in Mr. Hille’s room, A312.  Tickets are going fast, so get yours today.