Thursday March 8, 2018

Attention Seniors, if you are interested in representing your class and speaking at commencement, sign up in the bookroom or outside room C215. Tryouts will take place on March 20th, at 3:15pm in Mr. Lamphear’s room C215.

Seniors:  We have extended the order cutoff date to order flowers and T-shirts to tomorrow, so get your orders placed today.

Are you tough enough to BRAVE THE SHAVE?  We are just a few weeks away from the LHS St. Baldrick’s event on Friday, March 16th.  WE NEED YOUR HELP!  In order for us to reach our fundraising goal, we need students and staff to sacrifice their hair.  Please see Mr. Stelter in C216 or Mrs. Guzowski in C209 as soon as possible to find out how you can be a part of this exciting and meaningful event.

Attention AP Students:  Do you want to earn college credit for all your hard work in your Advanced Placements classes?  Registrations for the AP exams are now underway in the Book Room.  Registration forms are available in the Bookroom, from your AP teachers and your house office. A $15 deposit per exam is required and due by March 23rd.  This date is set by the College Board, therefore we cannot accept deposits after March 23rd or you will have to pay a $55 per test LATE Fee!   See Mr. Siftar if you have questions.

Are you thinking about a career in education?  Are you interested in $1000?  If you answered YES to both questions, you should apply for the Lakewood Leadership Team Scholarship.  Simply upload one of your college application essays and two letters of reference, then answer two questions about your activities and future plans this link is in Naviance or outside of Guidance The deadline for application is April 4, 2018.

Unfortunately, due to illness, the Ranger Hub will not be open for study hall students until Monday, March 12th.

Albert Einstein said, ‘A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.’ Step outside of your comfort zone and try yoga!  Join us on Fridays at 3:15pm while we discuss things that matter, breathe to relax from the week, and move in ways that make us stronger inside and out.  Come see what the LHS Yoga Club is all about on Fridays after school in Room C116, or see Mrs. Konopinski to find out more.

Pre-Season training for all athletes interested in participating in football for the 2018 season has begun.  Training is every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00, we will be working on many aspects for the success of the 2018 season.  Please contact Coach Thome at [email protected] with any questions or to introduce yourself. GO RANGERS!

Hey everybody!  The Talent Show (a senior fund raiser) is tomorrow, we have some great acts lined up, and it should be a very entertaining evening.  Tickets are being sold in the Bookroom for $5.00 and will be available at the door.

Talent Show participants, there will be a mandatory rehearsal in the civic at 6:00 pm. today.  Please be on time and have your music ready.  If you do not show up for this rehearsal, your act will be removed from the show.  Questions?  See Mr. Roth in A210.

Students:  beginning Monday, March 12th, students will not be permitted to go to their cars (on or off campus) during the school day.

Looking for a great summer job?  Lakewood Recreation is now hiring enthusiastic and responsible students for summer jobs such as lifeguards, pool attendants, concession workers, baseball scorers and more!  Complete an application at www.lakewoodrecreation.com/summerjobs  Lifeguard training courses are available this spring – sign up today!

Attention students and staff, the boys’ basketball program wants to thank all of you for all of your support this season.  It was the winningest season in Lakewood High School history, and much of the success is because of your support.  Our game last night, while disappointing, showed how spectacular this student-body can be!  Continue to support each other and have fun doing it!  Truly proud to be a Ranger! – Coach Cammock

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

BBQ Chicken & Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

PM