Lakewood’s Melt to Temporarily Close

Lakewood’s Melt Bar and Grilled will be closed from April 1 to 27 and will undergo major renovations, reports Cleveland Scene.

This location was the first in the now-regional chain, and, according to founder Matt Fish, has not been changed since its opening 12 years ago.

“We… did everything on a shoestring budget and then we just kind of moved on and left this place alone, so we’re going back to Lakewood to give it some attention,” he says. This “attention” will include gutting the whole structure and putting in bathrooms on the main floor, upgrading the kitchen and bar, and reorganizing the space in general.

Luckily, because of Melt’s huge success, there are plenty of other nearby locations to grab some of their famous dishes, such as in nearby Cleveland Heights, Mentor, Avon, and Mentor according to the restaurant’s website.

Melt Bar and Grilled is famous for its huge grilled cheese sandwiches and has even been featured on the show Man vs. Food. Some of their crazy concoctions include sandwiches filled with macaroni, pierogi, mozzarella sticks, chicken and waffles, pork belly, or lamb. They also have great appetizers such as homemade pierogi, fried pickles and tomatoes, french fries, mac and cheese wedges, and vegetarian buffalo “wings.” Not to mention, they also have a great variety of salads as well as roasted garlic tomato, vegetarian four-bean chili and buffalo chicken chowder.

Are all of these great options making your mouth water? Then get in there before April 1 to get some great, in-walking-distance sandwiches before our local Melt experiences a month-long, complete renovation!