Thursday April 26, 2018

Make sure to pre-order your copy of the 2018 Lakewood High School Cinema as soon as possible to ensure that you receive a yearbook on distribution day. You can either go online at jostens.com or the Bookroom.  The current price is $60, but the price will go up after distribution.  Don’t be left out.  Order your copy now!

Prom goers, the easiest way to get to the Ariel International Center is by taking the free shuttle bus from LHS to the Ariel International Center and back from the Ariel to LHS.  Field Trip permission forms, which you will need to have filled out and turned in to the Bookroom prior to prom, are available in the Bookroom.  Parking is limited, so this may be your best option.

Are you interested in trying out for the LHS Flag Corps?  Clinics and tryouts will be held at the LHS gym.  Today is the last day for flag clinics from 5:30-7:30pm.

Interested in helping decorate for prom?  You don’t have to be a senior in order to help.   The decorating committee will meet Saturday, April 28th at 10:00 am at the Ariel International Center.  Sign up in the book room to help with decorating for the big night.

Seniors the next deadlines for Scholarships are coming up!

The Lakewood Athletic Boosters and the Doris Burkley scholarships are both due Monday, April 30th.  Keep looking and keep applying!!!!

Students who volunteer with nonprofit organizations outside of school can have their service hours recorded for their school records. Service Record forms are available in the H2O office in the cafeteria. The deadline to turn in outside service hours is Monday, May 7th.

Any Hispanic junior or senior who is interested in going on a field trip to Tri-C’s Hispanic education conference, see Ms. DuPerow in room A129 by this Friday.  This is a free event and it will give you the opportunity to meet other Hispanic high school students & see what Tri-C has to offer you.

There will be a meeting next Wednesday, May 2nd at 3:00pm for anyone interested in running for Student Council.  The meeting will take place in Room C216.

Anyone wishing to hang posters or signs around Lakewood High School will need to get approval from the Bookroom before you can put anything up.

This is a reminder that Gamers Club will not be meeting tomorrow, again, Gamers Club will not be meeting tomorrow.  Gamers Club will resume next Friday, May 4th and our last meeting will be on Friday, May 18th.

Art Club and National Art Honor Society will not meet tomorrow due to testing. Our last meeting will be held next Friday, May 4th.