Person of the Week- Rachel Krotseng

Person of the Week- Rachel Krotseng

Rachel Krotseng is a senior here at Lakewood High School. Rachel has participated in the flag line for marching band all four years of high school. Rachel is a very kind and free-spirited person. She always has a smile on her face. In her free time, Rachel likes to crochet, listen to seventies music, and binge her favorite show The Crown on Netflix. I got the chance to ask Ms. Krotseng a few questions to get to know her better.

Q: What is your favorite class at LHS and why?

A: “My favorite class is German 4 because of all the memories I’ve made with Mr. Sent and the students. Also, because it gave me the opportunity to go to Germany over spring break.”

Q: What was your favorite year of high school and why?

A: ” My favorite year of high school was junior year because that is when I took the most interesting classes and was able to do Barnstormers.”

Q: What is your favorite high school memory so far?

A: ” My favorite high school memory was the time we spent exploring Munich and seeing the castle Nymphenburg in Germany.”

Q: What advice would you give underclassmen?

A: ” Even though you think you can procrastinate and do well, it’ll feel so much better if you put time and effort into your work rather than rushing at the end to get it done. Also, don’t be afraid to take AP classes and try new things!!”

Q: What are your plans for the future?

A: ” I’m going to Duquesne University in Pittsburgh. I’m in their honors and liberal arts colleges, but my major is undecided for now.”

Q: Are you excited about next year?

A: ” Yes! I’m excited to go explore a new city and take new types of classes.”

Q: If you could do high school over again what would you change, if anything?

A: ” I would change some of the classes I took, I wish I would have taken Fiber Arts and that I could have taken AP European History.