Monday May 21, 2018

Listen up seniors!  Please check your homes & lockers for textbooks & borrowed calculators, and if you are finished with the books & calculators, please return them to the Old Bookroom beginning today, otherwise they will be added to your fees and you will not receive your diploma if the fees are not paid up.

Senior dress-up day is this Wednesday, your last day at LHS.  There will be a reception in the Ranger Café after school.  If you pre-ordered a senior flower, come to the bookroom first thing in the morning on Wednesday to pick it up.

And don’t forget that there is aMANDATORYgraduation rehearsal Friday, June 1stin the Civic at 8:30 AM.

Also seniors, please let the Book Room know as soon as possible if you do not plan to walk across the stage for commencement.  If this is the case you will not be receiving tickets for graduation.

This is an announcement for all students, beginning today, when you are finished with your textbooks, make sure to return the books to the Old Bookroom on the 3rdfloor at the top of the stairs in the B building no later than May 31st…repeat, return them to the Old Bookroom.  Also make sure that everything is out of your lockers by May 31st, the last day of school.  Otherwise, you will be charged for any textbook not returned to the bookroom by May 31st.  Do not leave any books outside of either Bookrooms, any books left outside of the Bookrooms will be added to your fees.

ANYONE wishing to hang posters or signs around Lakewood High School will need to get approval from the Bookroom before you can put anything up.  Also, you cannot put anything up with duct tape, masking tape, or scotch tape.  The only tape that you are allowed to use is the blue painters or Frog tape.

Seniors, (if you attended Lakewood City Schools’ elementary schools) please stop by your house office to pick up your elementary school memorabilia

Seniors in French Honor Society, please come to the book room to order your honor chord for graduation.  Honor Chords are $7.25.  You will receive your Honor Chord before commencement on June 3rd.

Top of the mornin’ to ya LHS!!  The Travel Club 2019 Spring Break Trip will be going to IRELAND!   An informational meeting will be held tomorrow @ 6pm in the Ranger Café!   Tell your parents, bring a friend and learn how you can take this next adventure with us!  Questions?  See Mrs. Breckel in A210

There will be a meeting in the LHS Cafeteria for those interested in playing girls summer basketball this Friday, May 25th at 3:15pm after school.  Forms and other important information will be distributed in preparation for the upcoming summer season. 

Attention 9th, 10th, and 11thgraders! The Fresh Start mentor application was emailed to your school email account.  Please complete the application no later than this Wednesday, May 23nd!  Please see Mrs. Firstenberger in House 1 if you have questions.

Juniors, sophomores, and freshmen…anyone interested in being on the Girls or Boys Varsity Bowling teams next year, please come to a brief informational meeting tomorrow at 3:10pm in room C312.

Students, if you were recognized at the Celebration of Excellence please go to your house office to receive your medallion.

This Saturday is H2O’s trip to Lakewood Park Cemetery to help veterans mark the graves of fallen heroes, with an American flag for Memorial Day. Transportation from LHS and lunch are provided.  Sign up and take a permission form from the bulletin board outside the H2O office, E102, in the cafeteria.

Summer service opportunities are filling up. Details and signup sheets are on the bulletin board outside the H2O office.

Ditch cooking dinner tonight and head to the Lakewood Chipotle at 14881 Detroit Ave. from 4-8pm and support the LHS Girls Track and Field Team.

Hey, we like Chipotle enough to have it twice in one week, don’t we?  The class of 2019 is having their Chipotle fundraiser tomorrow, May 22nd!

Be sure to mention that you are supporting the cause by bringing in the flyer or showing a picture of it from your smartphone.  We get 50% of the sales.  FYI- on-line orders cannot be applied to the fundraiser so be sure to visit Chipotle in person! Thanks for your support!

Senios!!! This is very important information from the Guidance Office!!

Please be sure to stop into Guidance and pick up your survey forms designating the college you are attending and any scholarships that you may have obtained.  This is a requirement for your final college admission.  Final transcripts will only be sent to one school or college.  This information is also important for compiling statistics representative of your school.

Bryant & Stratton will be visiting today from 4-7* in the LRC.

United States Air Force will be visiting tomorrow (Tues.) from 4-7* in the Athletic Hallway

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Taco Wedges .50¢

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50