5G Kill Grid: What the Fliers Mean

5G is the newest frequency of connection. For context: 1G could load 2KB of date in a second. 5G has a theoretical capability of 100GB per second.  There is an estimate that there will be 20 billion pieces of technology that will be on this broadband by 2020.

Verizon begins launching 5G experimentally in a few cities such as Houston and Los Angeles as early as October 1st of this year. There are a predicted to be able to load things almost instantaneously and open doors for the use of autonomous cars and medical robots as there will be a consistent and strong connection behind them to prevent error.

But there exist fears. Issues with what exactly such frequencies can do for one’s health. Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS) is an unaccepted diagnosis in the medical field. Cases involved described symptoms of fatigue, headaches, muscle aches, irritability.

Sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation is the emerging health problem of the 21st century.  It is imperative for health practitioners, governments, schools, and parents learn more about it. The human health stakes are significant,” William Rea, Founder & Director of the Environmental Health Center, remarks on EHS.

The Health Protection agency did research on specifics cases. They did double-blind testing in 2005 and found those claiming to be afflicted were unable to really sense the wavelengths. Nocebo effects were observed, saying that the effects only occurred when the subjects were aware of them.

Citizens have made efforts to block 5G, an example being Pennslyvania. Bill 5264 would allow carriers in the state to advance to 5G and is currently in the Pennslyvania House of Representatives. People have been blocking it seeing that there is no regard to the risks and seeing it as being lobbied by wireless carriers.

“It’s a conspiracy, but interesting. It’s always been something theorists think about with wire-tapping and fears of mind control. But legitimate health risks? I just don’t know,” Samantha Moore, senior at LHS and lover of conspiracies muses.

The fliers continue to be posted around Lakewood and research should be taken with a grain of salt. But who doesn’t love a good conspiracy?