Kidney Stones Can Be Dangerous

Kidney Stones Can Be Dangerous

What are kidney stones? Kidney stones are hard deposits made of minerals and salts that form inside your kidneys.  Kidney stones are no joke. They can cause pain and even death. Kidney stones not only cause pain, they can also damage kidneys by blocking the flow of urine and that can cause bleeding and infection in your body.

Smaller kidney stones can block the flow of urine through the ureters and urethra, causing urinary tract infection and other damage. Urinary tract infection are caused by the bacterium Escherichia coli (E. coli), usually found in the digestive system. Chlamydia and mycoplasma bacteria can infect the urethra, but not the bladder.

There is a lot of ways that people can get kidney stones. One way is your diet, junk food, greasy foods, etc. Another way you can get them is from family history.  The chance of having kidney stones is much higher if you have a family history of kidney stones. Another way is that low urine volume may come from dehydration (loss of body fluids) from hard exercise, working or living in a hot place, or not drinking enough fluids. These are all ways to get kidney stones.

I am going to tell you how to prevent getting kidney stones. Some ways to prevent this terrible disease is to stay hydrated. Drinking more water is the best way to prevent kidney stones. Another way is to eat more calcium-rich foods and to eat less sodium. Another way is avoid this is to eat less animal protein and avoid vitamin C supplements.

Senior Dominic Wahba said “kidney stones are no joke, my mom had them and I heard they were painful”. Kidney stones can cause pain and infection throughout your body so get checked out at the doctors so you can be kidney stone free.