Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

The sequel to J.K. Rowling’s “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” has hit the theaters. “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” came out on November 16, 2018 in the United States. The movie stars Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterson, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, and many more.

The first “Fantastic Beasts” took place in 1926, and followed the adventures of Newt Scamander as he travels around New York City. The sequel takes place a year later in London. The story begins when the infamous dark wizard, Gellert Grindelwald, is being transferred to a maximum security prison. But in the process, he is able to escape with the help from one of his followers, Abernathy. Only a couple of months later, Newt Scamander is also in London trying to regain his international traveling rights after his previous adventure in New York City.

Newt is asked to find the character Obscurial Credence Barebone in order to obtain his rights again. At first Scamander refuses, but when he goes to see Hogwarts headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, Dumbledore is able to convince him to go and search for Barebone. This sets the stage for the rest of the film. Will Scamander be able to find Credence? How will the dangerous Grindelwald play into all of this? The only way to find out is to go and see “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald”. As Lakewood resident, Annika Mintzlaff, says, “I am super excited to see this movie. I love all of the Harry Potter books and movies, and I can’t wait to see what comes next.”