Fast Food Should Be Banned!

Fast Food Should Be Banned!

Fast food is served all over the world and it is killing people. Fast food is food that can be prepared quickly and easily and is sold in restaurants and snack bars as a quick meal or to be taken out. Fast food is usually affordable and accessible to the masses. 

Fast food consumption is probably one of the most common addictions that nobody talks about. Fast food can lead to many health problems such as obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. The addiction leads to disease and then disease leads to death. World Health Organization estimates that at least 2.8 million people currently die annually from conditions strongly linked to obesity.

Diseases most likely to occur are: coronary heart disease, ischemia (brain stroke), and diabetes, just from eating junk food. Even though junk food is terrible for your body, fast food addiction is even worse. Every time you take a bite of a piece of fast food, the body releases dopamine and goes into your brain and that is what makes the food taste good. After 30 minutes, you feel full for a short period of time, then the human being will get hungry right after they eat.  

Fast food can negatively affect your memory. Researchers have discovered high levels of insulin caused by consuming too much junk food, or a bad diet, may affect the brain.

I think the United States should ban fast food because it is killing around 2 million Americans and causing a lot of diseases leading to death. Senior Ahmed Muhammad said “ Yes, I think they should ban fast food because people are gaining weight and that is leading to an unhealthy life for them”.