Bird Box

Bird Box

Bird Box is a Netflix film starring Sandra Bullock and Trevante Rhodes.  According to Google.com, “Bird Box is when a mysterious force decimated the population, only one thing is certain — if you see it, you die.”

The survivors must avoid direct contact with an entity that takes the form of their worst fears. Searching for sanctuary, a woman and her children embark on a dangerous journey through the woods and down a river to find the last place that may offer safety. To make it, they’ll have to cover their eyes from the evil that chases them and complete the trip blindfolded.

Even people who haven’t seen Bird Box have probably heard about it. In the days following the film’s release, memes flooded the internet, making Bird Box very well-known. Of course the influence of Bird Box memes took a dangerous turn with the #BirdBoxChallenge.

The #BirdBoxChallenge is when people film themselves trying and failing to complete tasks while blindfolded. Netflix issued a tweet urging participants not to hurt themselves for the sake of a meme.

Bird Box has many unanswered questions like, “why run from the creatures if they aren’t solid? What about people who have blurry vision? How did Tom and Malorie manage to keep looking so hot? What kind of supermarket sells pet birds and walkie-talkies? How did those birds in the box survive?”

Many students at Lakewood High School loved Bird Box. Senior, Maddie Pedley says,” I loved Bird Box. It was such a good movie. The best part of it all was being able to laugh along with everyone else about those silly memes.”