Jayme Closs Found

On October 15th, 2018, thirteen-year-old Jayme Closs disappeared from her Wisconsin home after the brutal murder of her parents.

An ominous 911 call on the night of the murders consisted of background yelling and an abrupt hang up. When police called back, the call went straight to Denise Closs’ voicemail, leading them to the Closs home and the bodies of both Denise and James Closs. Even more strange, however, was the absence of their daughter Jayme.

Nothing like this ever happens in the small town of Barron, Wisconsin. The town itself has a population of about 3,300 people and is less than three miles wide. This is a place where everyone knows everyone, so it baffled the media how a couple could be murdered in cold blood–and their daughter missing in the process.

Yesterday, January 10th, 2019, Jayme Closs was found about 70 miles north of her home, in the city of Gordon, Wisconsin. Closs approached a woman walking her dog who took her to the nearest neighbor’s home, where they called the police. Closs denied both food and water, but played with the puppy instead. She is an eighth-grader and a typical one at that, who is said to enjoy Starbucks and volleyball, with active social media accounts and friends. How did her parents end up dead, and Jayme herself 70 miles away from home?

What we know so far is that Jayme Closs escaped a home in Gordon and, with matted hair and over-sized shoes, liberated herself. Closs was kidnapped by 21-year-old Jake Patterson and identified him to the police by the details of his car. It’s become relevant that Patterson was only after Jayme.

Being at the top of the FBI’s Missing Persons list for three months and being found alive is a miracle. Jayme Closs is now resting in a nearby hospital and will be reunited with her aunt and cousins later today.“We promised to bring Jayme home and tonight we get to fulfill that promise,” Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald stated through a post on Facebook.