The Tallest Building In The World

The Tallest Building In The World

The tallest building in the world is the Burj Khalifa. The building is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is the tallest man-made structure in the world, standing at 2,722 feet. There are 163 floors located above the ground and it has only one floor located below the ground. Construction began in January 2004 and the opening was on January 2010. It took about 12,000 workers everyday to work on the Burj Khalifa.

It took about 1.5 billion dollars just to build the building. The total weight of aluminum used on the Burj Khalifa is equivalent to that of five A380 aircraft. It took more than 110,000 tons of concrete, 55,000 tons of steel rebar, and 22 million man-hours to complete the Burj Khalifa. The opening of Burj Khalifa was held in January 2010. After they opened the Buni Khalifa.

The government had a ceremony featured a display of 10,000 fireworks, light beams projected on and around the tower, and further sound, light and water effects. This showed off the new tallest building in the world. Burj Khalifa requires a supply of 250,000 gallons of water each day.  

The Burj Khalifa is owned by Emaar Properties and they make about a 1.1 billion dollars a year. Senior Will Adams said ” That building is really tall and it would be crazy to visit that place. It would be a blessing to be in that building.”