Coachella Recap

Coachella+Recap

If you own a smartphone, chances are your Instagram feed is full of Coachella pictures from celebrities, YouTube stars and the like. So, what really went down this past weekend?

Let’s start with the headliner, Ariana Grande.

Grande became the youngest female artist to headline Coachella, and she didn’t disappoint. The performance was outstanding, featuring *NSYNC and Nicki Minaj, who persevered through the technical difficulties. Fans were made upset by the separation in pay for Grande and Beyonce, because Grande’s paycheck was significantly larger–but she had the performance to warrant it.

Next, the undeniable Billie Eilish. Dressed in a cozy white hoodie and shorts, encrusted with rhinestones, with AF1s to top it off, Eilish absolutely killed her set. Forgetting the lyrics to one of her hits “all the good girls go to hell” made fans scream the lyrics and applaud her even further. Billie Eilish can do no wrong, as her album “WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?” has held its place as #1 on Billboard. Her incredible stage presence, ability to relate and tender age of 17 allows Eilish to transcend expectations every single time she performs–Coachella was not an exception.

Other important moments made in Coachella history: Jaden Smith performed on top of a floating Tesla, Kanye West held his legendary Sunday Service, Janelle Monae attended the Childish Gambino performance as well as Lizzo. The steady 80-degree temperature that plagued fans all weekend was combatted by straight up WEIRD celebrities and the growing Wow Factor.

The steep price tag of $429 for a weekend pass (not including food, flights, hotels or any other amenities) and $999 for a VIP pass, was made worth it by celebrity antics and incredible performances.