Clippers take Game Two against the Warriors

On Monday, April 15th, the Los Angeles Clippers did the unthinkable and defeated the reigning champions, the Golden State Warriors, in game two of the first round of the NBA playoffs.

The Clippers trailed by as much as 31 points but were able to make the largest single-game comeback in playoff history to win 135-131.  Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell (pictured) were two of the biggest driving forces behind the comeback, with the two combining for 47 second-half points.

The unlikely comeback started in the second half of the third quarter and continued for the rest of the game, with the previously mentioned Williams and Harrell leading the way. Then with 15.9 seconds left, Clippers rookie Landry Shamet knocked down a three for a 133-131 lead. Montrezl Harrell iced the game with two free throws after this.

“The Doc Rivers led Los Angeles Clippers have proven to upset the Golden State Warriors led by coach Steve Kerr and beating them has solidified their dominance over the Lakers in the Los Angeles area,” says local Lakewood student Sean Teets.

This win ties the series at one game apiece, and while it is likely that the Warriors will win the series, this win was huge for the Clippers, especially considering they traded their former best player, Tobias Harris, at the trade deadline.

The Clippers continue to make their case as a top free agent destination and the best team in LA. This offseason they hope to add current Raptors star, Kawhi Leonard.