Is It Good to Be A Vegetarian?

Is It Good to Be A Vegetarian?

Lots of people are vegetarian, but most people are not. 3.2 percent of the world’s population is vegetarian. That is about 246.4 million people out of 7.7 billion. Is it good to become vegetarian?

On What to Know About The Vegetarian Diet by Christian Nordqvist, he talks about the benefits of being vegetarian.

Some of the benefits of going vegetarian is having a lower body mass index (BMI). A study of 38,000 people showed that people who are vegetarian have a lower BMI than people who eat meat.

Another benefit of being vegetarian is healthier cholesterol levels. There is one vegetarian diet that is able to lower cholesterol levels almost as good as medicine can. The levels of low-density lipoproteins (LDL), or “bad” cholesterol, dropped by nearly 30 percent. This is slightly lower than someone who used Lovastatin medication.

An additional benefit to becoming vegetarian gives you a lower chance of obtaining cancer. Research shows that people who are vegetarian have a lower chance of obtaining cancer.

In the article 10 benefits of being a Vegetarian by Abha Toppo, she talks about some benefits of being a vegetarian.

One of the benefits of being vegetarian is that it increases your lifespan. A vegetarian diet obviously means you to eat more fruits and vegetables, which reduces the number of toxins and the amount of chemical build up in your body, thus leading to a longer lifespan.

In conclusion, it is good to be a vegetarian. It is good to be a vegetarian because it helps with cholesterol, increases your lifespan, a lower BMI, and a lower chance of getting certain types of cancer.  Freshman Sam Stallbaum says, “Being vegetarian is not a bad idea, but I won’t be one.”