Lakewood Hockey Starts the Season With A Win

Congratulations to the Lakewood hockey team for their very first win of the 2019-2020 season! Hockey, a popular entertaining winter sport that every fan goes crazy for. Whether it is a Pro, college, or club hockey team, the Lakewood High School team has much to show this year.

On Saturday, November 9, 2019, the Lakewood hockey team had their first game at the Mentor Civic Ice Arena competing against Notre Dame Cathedral Latin winning 13-4. With the team preparing and training, their performance show how hard they work.

Alex Blinky is a junior at Lakewood High School and player(#17). He is one of the captains of the hockey team. He was interviewed about the game last weekend and future goals.

How do you feel about the big win at your starting season?

¨It´s always important to win your first game, it always sets the tone for your team early in  the season and lets you know what you can accomplish and where you rank as a team,¨ Blinky responds.

What is your position and what key things did you do during the game? 

¨I play defense, I just don´t let anybody beat me or get past me¨ Blink describes.

What is your goal for the next upcoming game?

Our next game is this coming Saturday. We are against a pretty good team, I want to see what we can do at that level. I also really want a win¨

What makes the Lakewood hockey team successful? 

¨What makes us successful is how disciplined  we are. We don´t let anything off the ice affect us. We are just here to play, play hockey.¨

Plan to attend and cheer on the Rangers this upcoming Saturday, November 16th. The Rangers will play against the North Olmsted Eagles at Serpentini Winterhurst Arena. Puck drop at 7:00 pm, be there loud and proud to support!