Lakewood Hockey “Mental Health Awareness” Night

Saturday, January 4th, 2020 was the night to come to Winterhurst Arena in green. Green is the color for mental health and the Lakewood hockey team strongly supports this cause. It was an entertaining game to watch and to cheer on the Ice Rangers. Tickets were sold at the front desk of Winterhurst Arena in Lakewood Ohio. The line awaits for fans to join the stand, which shows quite popularity of the boys.

The Lakewood Rangers played the Avon Lake Shoremen on Saturday night January 4th, 2020 and it became one entertaining game as fans got extremely loud. Avon Lake Shoremen beat the Rangers 6 – 4.

It was a tough loss but Lakewood gave their best efforts. Support in the stands means much to the players and the excitement of the game. The Lakewood goals from the game were scored by Senior, William Holden (1), Freshman, Gavin Fielder (2), Freshman, Jude Johnson (1). Players on the Lakewood hockey team wore green socks over their equipment. Green ribbon stickers were also visible on both teams gold helmets.

The Lakewood Hockey high school team supporting Mental Health is a big deal. Entering the rink or leaving the rink doors, you could find many good such as pens, magnets, bracelets, and much more to help support the cause. According to National Alliance on Mental Illness, millions of people in the United States are diagnosed with mental illness per year.

“I think this game was extremely important and advocated for such an important thing that goes on in the world today. Mental health is important and people struggle with it! It was also a fun game to watch!” claims Morgan Harper, a senior at Lakewood High School. With her at the game, it was a great experience for her.

For the next upcoming game, the Lakewood Rangers play Brooklyn at home. Puck drops on January 11th at 7 o’clock Saturday night. Tickets are sold for $5 per person at Winterhurst Arena. It will also be alumni night, so stay tuned after the Rangers play Brooklyn! Get ready to enjoy live entertainment of varsity hockey. Wear spirit wear for the Rangers and cheer on for a win!