First Space Hotel Coming In 2027

Back in 2019, a company residing in California announced its plans for a hotel that floats above the Earth. This project would be a cruise ship-style retreat but in space, and was set to release in 2027. It was named the Von Braun Station and would be comprised of 24 different modules with elevators to connect them.

Fast forward a couple of years and the build has a new name as well as a new manufacturer. John Blincow, the former pilot of Orbital Assembly Corporation, has given the build the name Voyager Station.

In a recent interview, John Blincow explained that there had been some COVID-19 related delays, but that the construction of Voyager Station is expected to start in 2026 and could be finished by 2027. “We’re trying to make the public realize that this golden age of space travel is just around the corner. It’s coming. It’s coming fast,” said Blincow.

The hotel has been projected to have a luxury futuristic design and some spectacular views, of course. But the big question is how is the station going to function?

Tim Alatorre, the senior design architect at Orbital Assembly Corporation, told interviewers, “The station rotates, pushing the contents of the station out to the perimeter of the station, much in the way that you can spin a bucket of water — the water pushes out into the bucket and stays in place.”

Near the center of the station there’s no artificial gravity, Alatorre explained, but as you move down the outside of the station, the feeling of gravity increases.
    It is crazy to think that in only a couple of years, we could go from a vacation to the Bahamas or a cruise ship to taking time off in space. If everything goes to plan in the next couple of years, this could be a reality.