Thursday October 20, 2016

Anyone interested in joining Ski & Snowboard Club this year needs to register on the Boston Mills website.  Please see Ms. Flynn in Mod 17 if you have questions or need paperwork.

The junior class is holding a corn hole tournament fundraiser tomorrow. The tournament will be held behind the Mods from 4 to 6 PM. The cost is $5 per team of two players. First place winners will each receive a $10 chipotle gift card and runner up will receive five dollars. Staff and students are welcome, sign up in the book room today!

The following Colleges will be visiting LHS.

Today

American University                                                  10:24

Tomorrow

John Carroll University                                              12:00 – 1:00

Thiel (pronounced teal) College                              10:24 – 11:10

Juniors and seniors are encouraged to meet with the College Representatives inside the Guidance Office, Room A111. Military Representatives will be outside of the Main Hallway 1st floor/ Lunch area. Students must obtain a pass from their classroom teacher if planning to visit during class. A pass can also be written by the Guidance Secretary.

Buy a Red or Blue yard sign to support your favorite party or candidate. Yard signs will be on sale in the mod hallway from 7:45am to 7:55am thru tomorrow. Yard signs cost $1 and all proceeds will go to H20.

Lakewood Dance Group will be meeting today at 3:30 pm in Lecture Hall 1.  Come and find out all about it.  Clinics start Tuesday & Wednesday, October 25th & 26th with tryouts next Thursday, October 27th.

Attention Seniors – Prestige Photography will be here at LHS next Wednesday, October 26th from 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM to take free senior portraits for the 2017 LHS Cinema. A signup sheet is located on the wall outside Mr. Ebner’s room (B207). If you have not or do not plan on going to the studio for a photography session, please sign up. This will be the only opportunity for in-school pictures.

Project Smile will meet today in Lec Hall 1 from 3-4 pm.

There will be meeting immediately after school next Monday, October 24th in A107 for girls interested in playing basketball this year.  Forms and important information will be handed out for the upcoming tryouts on October 28th & 29th.

On Thursday, October 27th, Club Identity will be sponsoring the premiere of the film “Love Is All You Need.” The film examines what might happen if being gay was the norm and heterosexuals were the minority. Join us on Thursday, October 27th in the Civic Auditorium at 7pm for the film viewing and a special discussion panel afterwards with the filmmaking team and cast members. Admission is free for ALL students with a valid student ID and $5 for adults. All money raised will benefit the local nonprofit organization Dare2Care to aid with their efforts to raise LGBTQ awareness and anti-bullying.

Wanted, all students interested in joining the LHS Gymnastics Team.  Coach Glunt will be conducting a meeting on Monday, October 24th at Horace Mann Elementary School.  Information about the 4:15 meeting is available in the Athletic Director Office.  Please plan to attend this informational meeting.

There will be a meeting tomorrow at 3:05 in Lec Hall 2 for all students interested in trying out for the LHS Baseball Teams in February. It is very important that you attend to find out dates and information needed to prepare for tryouts.

The Gamer’s Club quarterly tournament will go until 6 p.m. tomorrow, gamers who wish to have pizza should bring $2 with them.

Will the followings students please come up to the bookroom sometime today to pick up your chromebooks…Devan Gross, Mitchell Gross and Deborah Maketa.

Barnstormers Drama Club will be performing MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING tonight thru Sat. Performances will be held in the Art Atrium. Tonight’s show begins at 7:30, tomorrow’s show is at 4:00, & the show times are 12:00, 3:00, & 7:30 on Saturday. Tickets are $5.00 and can be purchased in advance in the Book Room. Seating is limited, so get your tickets now!

Any seniors participating in tomorrow night’s senior night at the football game and have not turned in your announcement form, please see Mrs. Giffels TODAY in the athletic office.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Pulled Pork Sandwich $2.00

BBQ Chicken w/Cheddar Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50