Tuesday November 15, 2016

Are you looking for a great volunteer opportunity? Do you have a relative, neighbor, or a friend that can donate 30 minutes before or after school to a help child with reading? If so, then Mentoring with Project More at Hayes Elementary is for you!

As a Project More Mentor you will:

Provide one-on-one instruction at the student’s reading level.  You will work with a student from grades K-5 a minimum of 2 days per week.  You will be trained by experienced Project More mentors and will use a simple scripted program.  All materials and directions are provided for each tutoring session!  It’s so easy to make a difference in the life of a child through the Project More Program!

Stop by the West Shore Offices to pick up an application for Hayes Elementary.

Do you like to help others? If you said “yes”, then Medical Office Management needs your help. We are collecting nail polish, nail files, and nail polish remover to benefit University Hospital’s Hospice Program today thru November 30th. The class will be preparing nail polish kits for hospice patients. Please bring your donations to Room A201.

There are five Boys Cross Country Southwestern Conference T-Shirts for sale in the Athletic Office for $15.00…Three 2-XL’s, 1 medium and 1 small.

There will be a Boys Indoor Track sign up Meeting this Thursday, November 17th right after school in room A102. Any and all are welcome. Questions, see Coach Dow.

Attention all Educator’s Rising club members, our next meeting will be held tomorrow at 3:15 in Ms. Stephenson’s room, A202. We will begin our first project, Elementary School Pen Pals. Mark it on your calendar! And for anyone else interested in Educators Rising, it’s not too late to sign up.

The Class of 2018 will be collecting money during 3° all of this week for “Hope for the Holidays”. Yesterday was the first collection and Mr. Roth’s class is in the lead, Mr. Cammock’s class is in 2nd place and Ms. Duperow’s class is in 3rd place. The class that raises the most money will win the first place prize of a food party of their choosing and the warm fuzzy feeling knowing that this donation drive will help to feed 300 Lakewood families this Thanksgiving and 300 at Christmas.

Anyone who is interested in joining the Ski & Snowboard Club needs to sign up on the Boston Mills website.  If you do this by Friday, Nov. 18th, you will have your pass to use over Winter Break.  See Ms. Flynn in Mod 17 for sign-up information or if you have any questions.

ATTENTION SENIORS:  The Cinema staff is in the process of collecting pictures for the “Senior Memories” section of the yearbook. If you have any great pictures from pre-school, elementary school, or middle school, we would love to use them. Pictures of groups will generally be selected over individual pictures. If you have hard copies that need scanned, bring them to Mr. Ebner in Room B207. If you have digital copies, you can send them directly to either Mr. Ebner, Emma Bressler or Jane Mechenbier.

Seniors, the bookroom will be taking sign-ups for elves all this week.

Hocking College will be visiting Lakewood High School tomorrow from 10:24 to 1:30.

Make the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday a feast for everyone in the community.  Volunteer with H2O to deliver groceries Friday after school at the Westerly and Saturday morning with the Lakewood Charitable Assistance Corporation.  Sign up at the H2O office in B125 and find out about all volunteer opportunities coming join our meeting tomorrow at 7:30am in A107.

Anyone interested in representing Lakewood for History Day 2017, please join us in MOD 16 after school today.  We will discuss interesting topics and come up with some original project ideas. Come make Lakewood proud!

Attention any girls interested in playing rugby—-practices are being held at Garfield middle school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:30pm. No experience necessary! Come and join the fun.

The seniors have voted and the Class Motto is: The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Create It.

The Class Song is: Forever Young by Alphaville

Join Race and Diversity tomorrow for a conversation on how minority groups are portrayed in the media.  That’s 3:15 in Mod 16 Wednesday.  Refreshments will be served.  Be there!

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50

Chili $2.00