Monday November 28, 2016

The PTA Reflections art contest is due tomorrow!
    Attention all students and staff! The Second Annual Purple & Gold Game for Lakewood High School Boys’ Basketball will be played tomorrow! Last year was a great event with free t-shirts, cheerleaders, a 2 point game and of course DJ Ray Carr bumpin fat jams! Be sure to attend this free event tomorrow at Harding and get a sneak preview of the boys’ basketball teams with the varsity game at 7:30pm and go crazy with DJ Ray! Go Rangers!
    Medical Office Management needs your help. We are collecting clear nail polish and emery boards to benefit University Hospital’s Hospice Program today thru Wednesday. Please bring your donations to Room A201.
    Attention Watters Science Seminar members – our next seminar is tomorrow during periods 8-9.  Our guest is Dr. Steve Meadows who will discuss LASIK and cataract surgeries.  Please pick up permission slips from Mrs. Alten in Room A212 and have the forms completed and submitted by the end of the day.
    Attention musicians! Audition packets for the Lakewood Jazz Band are now available in The Civic auditorium. We are looking for saxophones of all shapes and sizes, trumpets, trombones, pianists, guitar players, drummers and bass players. See Mr. Steinbrunner for more information.

Interested in auditioning for the school play? Auditions for Barnstormers Drama Club’s Winter One Act Play Festival will be held tomorrow at 3:00pm in Lecture Hall 2. We will be performing a series of six student-written and student-directed short plays and are looking to cast 40 actors. We only rehearse once a week, so this is a great opportunity to get your first start in theatre! Audition packets are available for pick up in Mod 23!

FYI seniors who signed up to be elves…there will be a brief mandatory informational meeting directly after school today in Lec Hall 2.
    Any boys interested in Rugby, who haven’t gotten a packet, should stop by MOD14 and pick up a registration packet, see Mr. Wondrak.
    AYF will meet this Thursday, December 1st in B208 at 6pm. See Ms. Sabin for any questions.

It’s not too late to sign up for our exciting trip to Italy over Spring Break 2017!  Visit Venice, Pisa, Florence, Rome & Pompeii while making memories that will last a lifetime.   Experience the shopping, drink a cappuccino, eat delicious Gelato, and visit famous sights, such as, the Colosseum, the Sistine Chapel, and the canals of Venice and so much more!  Please visit Mrs. Sedlak in B210 to learn more about the upcoming trip.  Don’t miss out!!

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Popcorn Chicken $2.00

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50