Lakewood High School 2017 Dance Show

Lakewood High School has a myriad of groups and extra curricular activities that appeal to many different people throughout the school’s population. One of these diverse congregations is the Lakewood Dance Group. Dance Group is a personal project of West Shore director Mrs. Hayes who has lead the onslaught of teens since its creation. Mrs. Hayes also leads Recreation Center dance for younger children, instructing toddlers to pre-teens in their love for dance. She has put together a countless amount of wonderful shows and has led each and every dancer towards their full potential.

The Dance Group put on their show this past week on Thursday and Friday (February 23rd and 24th). The show was entitled “Just Dance” after the hit dancing game. This idea was formulated by the student directors, seniors Hannah Salo and Alex Schwarz. It was a true spectacle, with dances ranging from solos to duets to groups with 20+ people. Some of the most memorable show-stoppers were a solo by Garrett Bodnar which featured his tap and lyrical skills to the tune of Ultra Light Beam by Kanye West, and a group dance by a crew of boys who performed to Hold Me Up Remix by Ricky Martin, doing trick after trick and wowing the crowd. These teens worked for countless weeks, practicing day after day and perfecting their routines. This show was entirely student created, each dance choreographed by a different person and joined by their peers. The show ended up to be a huge success, drawing a crowd which filled almost the entire civic auditorium. Nice job, Dance Group!