London attack

London+attack

A woman has died, at the scene on Westminster Bridge in London, what police are treating as a terrorist incident. A police officer was also stabbed by an attacker, who was shot by police. The attacker struck several people as he drove a car across the bridge, before crashing it into railings.

People said they had heard three or four gunshots. Everyone in the buildings were told to stay inside and not leave. Britain’s Parliament was locked down after what police were treating as a “terrorist incident” at the House of Commons and nearby Westminster Bridge. The incident comes on the first anniversary of the terror attack in Brussels Belgium, that killed 32 people.

An emergency services helicopter landed in Parliament Square. Air ambulance medics are attending to the casualties inside the Old Palace Yard and on Westminster Bridge who were hurt and needed medical attention. The authorities described the events as a “terrorist incident until we know otherwise.” One of the busiest sections of London was cordoned off and evacuated, and the Westminster station of London’s subway system was closed due to the incident. The police said officers had been summoned to the bridge around 2:40 p.m. after reports of “a firearms incident,” and witnesses reported gunfire near an office building for lawmakers and members of their staff.

Inside the Palace of Westminster, the House of Commons suspended debate that was supposed to happen and the building was placed on lockdown. There is lots of footage on social media that shows people lying injured in the road.