Friday April 7, 2017

Flags tryouts will be held today at Garfield gym from 4-6pm today.

If you have not yet paid the full amount of $93.00 per AP Exam, the final payment date is next Thursday, April 13th.

All football players NOT in a spring sport are expected to be at weightlifting/conditioning on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays from 3:30 – 5:00pm at Taft. Questions, see coach Hannan in Lec Hall 1.

The 2017 After Prom Committee is holding an Angelo’s fundraiser Tuesday, April 11th.

A $500 scholarship is available to any senior majoring in education next year at the college level.  Please apply and tell us about what inspires you to become an educator!  The Lakewood Leadership Team is able to accept applications (available online, in the guidance office and on the LHS web page) until Friday, April 28th.

Join Club Identity on Tuesday, April 11th, after school in C219 (Mr. Overholt’s room) for our DAY OF SILENCE meeting. We will discuss the meaning behind this important day and spend some time creating day of silence shirts to be worn for the event. Snacks and art supplies will be provided, but bring your own white t-shirt to decorate. Because this year’s national Day of Silence observation falls on spring break, LHS has scheduled its participation for Thursday, April 13th. If you are interested in participating, please sign up in Mr. Overholt’s room C219 or Ms. Flynn’s room C318. The deadline to sign up to participate is Tuesday, April 11th at our meeting.

Volunteers still needed tomorrow for Breakfast with the Bunny.  Serve breakfast, take photos or be the Bunny (costume provided). Sign up in the H2O office.

Malley’s chocolate bars available in the H2O office in B125 or from H2O leaders.

Watters Science Seminar Scholarship applications are now available in the guidance office and from any science teacher.

Calling all Barnstormers! This is a reminder that we will be building the set for LITTLE WOMEN today from 5:00-8:00pm. This is an updated and corrected time. We will also be working tomorrow from 9:00am-3:00pm. All hands on deck!

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Friday Fries $1.00

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50